SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

NOTE: Character values have been converted to numeric values at the places given by:

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

NOTE: Character values have been converted to numeric values at the places given by:

Hi ,

I have a field with numeric values 22,23,24 in Best12. format. I am recategorizing this variable and giving it a text value i.e.

if value=22 then value_new='yes';

else if value in (23,24) then value_new='no';

I am not sure why I am getting this message? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-03-2015 01:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: NOTE: Character values have been converted to numeric values at the places given by:

Thanks for your reply. I figured it. It worked when I assigned a length statement for the new variable.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

Re: NOTE: Character values have been converted to numeric values at the places given by:

SAS log gives more information than you do. Where exactly have character values been converted to numeric? Please post the log, with a bit of context.

PG

PG
Solution
‎08-03-2015 01:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I figured it. It worked when I assigned a length statement for the new variable.

Super User

Please mark the question answered Smiley Happy

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation