SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Maximum length of job name in DI Studio

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Maximum length of job name in DI Studio

This is really a question re. DI Studio but there doesn't appear to be an appropriate selection for this!

Does anyone know if there is a maximum length for the name of a job in DI Studio? Specifically, the latest version of DI under SAS 9.4 running on a Windows client.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
a week ago
PROC Star

Re: Maximum length of job name in DI Studio

The job name is stored in the Name attribute of a Job object in metadata. Metadata object names have a maximum length of 60 Unicode characters.

For more info see the Job type in the SAS 9.4 Metadata Model: Reference as well as the linked Root base object type which also provides some of the constraints for object names.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

I Studio is a part of SAS Data Management, so I moved your question there. Hopefully, one of the experts will chime in soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Solution
a week ago
PROC Star

The job name is stored in the Name attribute of a Job object in metadata. Metadata object names have a maximum length of 60 Unicode characters.

For more info see the Job type in the SAS 9.4 Metadata Model: Reference as well as the linked Root base object type which also provides some of the constraints for object names.

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to PaulHomes

Paul

Thanks very much for your answer. I'd tried entering long names and got fed up at 50. My colleague worked out it was 60. But your references to the documentation are very helpful.

-Howard

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation