SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Is there a way to save runing libname every time to generate library in Enterprise Guide?

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to save runing libname every time to generate library in Enterprise Guide?

Hi All,

If I have a SQL database, and I need to run the below code to have the library "test" show up under SAS Enterprise Guide libraries.

Libname test odbc user=*** password=*** datasrc=***;

Is there a way I can do in Enterprise Guide to save running that code every time? I mean once I open the EG, the library is already under the SAS Enterprise Guide libraries, without runing the code I provided above.

Thank you!

Jade

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-31-2017 11:44 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a way to save runing libname every time to generate library in Enterprise Guide?

[ Edited ]

There are a couple of ways potentially.  I have several libraries setup in my SAS Autoexec file on my SAS Server. That way whenever I start Enterprise Guide (Miner too I think) or a batch job on the server, those standard libraries are always there, along with other things I use regularly, like various macro variables and system options.  Enterprise Guide itself has a similar functionality internally too, it's in the options under "SAS Programs" where you can specify custom code to run on EG startup or or other times.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-31-2017 11:44 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a way to save runing libname every time to generate library in Enterprise Guide?

[ Edited ]

There are a couple of ways potentially.  I have several libraries setup in my SAS Autoexec file on my SAS Server. That way whenever I start Enterprise Guide (Miner too I think) or a batch job on the server, those standard libraries are always there, along with other things I use regularly, like various macro variables and system options.  Enterprise Guide itself has a similar functionality internally too, it's in the options under "SAS Programs" where you can specify custom code to run on EG startup or or other times.

Capture.PNG

Super User

Best practice would be to set up these libraries in SAS Management Console. This link should help:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bidsag/69848/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1t9q2knb9tq5ln101d...

Frequent Contributor

Thanks! Both of your reply are solutions to my question!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation