SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Is it possible to deploy SAS DI jobs locally?

Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to deploy SAS DI jobs locally?

Dear SAS Community,

Is it possible to deploy a SAS DI job and point the "Batch Server" to a local machine?  Below is what I am trying to do.

Deploying a SAS DI job is when you:

1. Select a job (right-mouse click)

2. Select Scheduling

3. Select Deploy. 

Then the "Deploy a job for scheduling" window will appear.  Under the item Batch Server - is it possible to point this to a local machine?

Regular Contributor

Re: Is it possible to deploy SAS DI jobs locally?

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to ShiroAmada

Can't check this right now, but a deployment requires that your PC is defined as Batch-Server in metadata, i don't think that such a definition is possible.

Super User

Do you mean the PC that DI Studio executes on?

Theoretically yes, if you register your PC as a host in SMC.

But this makes no sense. DI Studio is a ETL tool for enterprise deployment. Your PC just happens to be the window where you define your ETL metadata.

Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

Dear LinusH,

Hi. Yes we are being required by our client to do the deployment locally.  Eventually, the deployed script will then be passed to another application which will take care of hashing and uploading the files from our local workstation to the following destinations:

1. Local workstation to SIT Server

2. SIT Server to UAT Server

3. UAT Server to Production Server

If it is possible then I will have to ask our SAS Package Admin to tweak the configuration.

Super User

The one who required this obviously doesn't understand how this works. It's a no-no. Step 1 should a dev server.
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation