BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

Dear SAS Experts,

I got my Information Map up and running and want to use it in my SAS Base programs too but

somehow no datasets are retrieved when I try the following:

libname InfoMLi infomaps metauser=Malxxxx
metapass=xxxx
metaserver=sub029
metaport=8561
mappath="/Depart_1/Unit 122/Information Maps/source_result"
metarepository=Foundation;

The log output just shows that the libref as been assigned. I can see that. but

proc datasets lib=InfoMLi;
run;

throws the error: ERROR: Unable to initialize list of information maps.

Any idea what I do wrong?

I use EG 7.1 and no OLAP data, just sasbase data sets in my information map.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Correct, it is not a permanent library.  The Information Map "task" has one job: import the selected data from your map into a SAS data set, where you can report on it.  After the data is imported, the library is unassigned.  I recommend that approach because repeated calls back into the source information map can be inefficient.  If your map points to just Base SAS data sets, it might be okay.  But sometimes the data are located on remote systems so network latency is a consideration.

You can adapt the code that the task generates and use it in other programs.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Some questions:

- does the metauser account have read/readmetadata access to that information map?

- Have you tried some of the SAS samples (perhaps you're already working with these) -- like this one for reporting, and this one with PROC INFOMAPS?

When using EG, can you use File->Open Information Map?  If so, that will generate the code that you can use for reporting in other environments.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PhilipH
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. The code generated in the log worked fine.

GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;
/* assign the library using the INFOMAPS library engine */
sysecho "Assigning library to access information map";
%macro SetDisplayOrder;
%if %sysevalf(&sysver>=9.4) %then displayorder=folder;
%mend SetDisplayOrder;
libname xxtest sasioime
mappath="/xxx/xx/xxx"
aggregate=yes
metacredentials=no
PRESERVE_MAP_NAMES=YES
%SetDisplayOrder;

I noticed that the library was created. I noticed that the library was gone after I restarted EG. does that mean it is a non-permanent library assignment?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Correct, it is not a permanent library.  The Information Map "task" has one job: import the selected data from your map into a SAS data set, where you can report on it.  After the data is imported, the library is unassigned.  I recommend that approach because repeated calls back into the source information map can be inefficient.  If your map points to just Base SAS data sets, it might be okay.  But sometimes the data are located on remote systems so network latency is a consideration.

You can adapt the code that the task generates and use it in other programs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation