07-17-2014 10:39 AM
I am getting the below error while running a code in ultraedit.
"ERROR: System file lock limit exceeded."
07-17-2014 10:51 AM
Is the error from ULTRAEDIT? If so then this is the wrong forum to find an answer.
If the error is from SAS then you need to show the code. Or better the simplest version of the code that re-produces the error.
07-18-2014 06:29 AM
Thanks Tom for your reply.
I am trying to run .sas file using ultraedit and in the log I am getting the error.
But when I ran it interactively it finished successfully.
This seems an alien error to me...
07-18-2014 06:52 AM
Have you tried running the code through interactive SAS? What SAS code is running before that error pops up in the log?
07-18-2014 07:10 AM
I've run the code both on ultraedit and interactively on EG.
On ultraedit I got "ERROR: System file lock limit exceeded." but it ran fine interactively.
But next time I need to run it interactively.
Any help on this would be appreciated
07-18-2014 08:01 AM
Oh, its Enterprise Guide your using. I am afraid I don't use this, I would assume your executing something like ...\sas.exe "program" from Ultraedit, so maybe your intialisation is not happening correctly. Afraid I can't be much more help on that, maybe an IT ticket.
07-18-2014 08:20 AM
I'm a little confused.
If I understand correctly, you're using ultraedit as a text editor to create SAS code. Then, when you copy it into EG and run it, it runs fine.
To me it sounds like you don't have any problems with SAS.
However, I am confused when you say you run it on ultraedit. If you'd expand a little on how you're doing this, it might make it easier to figure out the problem.
07-18-2014 08:57 AM
Tom, actually I'd multiple codes to run. I made them batch submitable and consolidated using %include in another code and by using some 'nohup' command in ultraedit I batched the code and I got the stated error.
But when I ran the codes in EG they ran perfectly.
Hope this is clear to you. You can let me know if you need further clarity
07-18-2014 10:30 AM
Two potential problems come to mind.
1) You are trying to run many versions of SAS at the same time.
2) You have mistakenly made your %INCLUDES recursive.
07-18-2014 10:42 AM
Thanks Tom for your reply.
I'll check the codes for your both points.
have a nice time
07-18-2014 12:11 PM
This is an OS related issue with the setting of your user limits for file locks. The difference between the invocations from EG and UltraEdit must be missing a configuration increasing your default setting for ulimit. It is often necessary for SAS to require increased limits for number of processes and open files.
Here is a usage note on the topic:
I am not familiar with UltraEdit and how it instantiates submissions to SAS.