BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yura2301
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I'm new in "Platform process manager" tool so I need answer on small question that will be probably obvious for experience "Platform process manager" users:)

I need to open flow via "Flow editor" tool that is part of "Platform process manager", "Flow editor" see(can open) only XML files that probably consists of flow definition.

I created some test job in DI studio, schedule it , then create test flow from SAS management console, also schedule this flow.

So now, flow is defined and I can probably save flow definition into some xml file, but how to do it?

Is it should be some simple export of flow metadata, or may be each time when flow scheduled needed XML file with flow definition automatically saved somewhere on server?

On another words I need to open in "Flow Editor" some flow, that was created and configured from SMC.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Been a while since I used LSF, but here goes:

I think the only way to make Flows visible/accessible in Flow Editor/manager is to deploy a job for scheduling from SMC, don't thin that there is a save as XML-way.

What kind of changes do plan to do?

I think best practice is to have the flow definitions in SMC as a master, then run then using LSF (not mange).

Data never sleeps
Yura2301
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Linus,

So you wrote:

I think the only way to make Flows visible/accessible in Flow Editor/manager is to deploy a job for scheduling from SMC

I actually did it, it become visible from flow manager(and I can run it from here), but flow editor doesn't see the flow, there are "open" button that cause occuring prompth window that see only XML files with flows definitions.

Than you wrote:

What kind of changes do plan to do?

As I wrote higher - I succesfully run this my flow (created from SMC) using flow manager.

What I need - run same flow using "Process manager" command line via "jrun" command.

In documentation I've found that Jrun command executes only with "flowname" as parameter : % jrun /flows/backup.xml

Here is the pdf link:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/platform/PSS2.1/pm_using.pdf

page 219

So, what I need now - run flow(created and scheduled from SMC) by "Process manager" Jrun command.

Thanks!

Jorgito
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I appreciate its been more than a decade since the original question, but did you found any solution for this?

I am trying to do the same here,

thanks,

Jorge.-

ErikLund_Jensen
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Yura2301 

The problem is that you are using the wrong command. If the flow is submitted to Process Manager in SAS MC / Schedule Manager, the flow definition is stored in Process Manager's Flow Storage folder, and you can see it in the Flow Manager and run it from there. You can also run it from a command line using the Jtrigger command instead of Jrun, which requires an external flow definition file. https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/slpm/10.2.0?topic=commands-jtrigger

We use the Jtrigger command to run all flows (700+) in our daily batch, and all flows are scheduled with 'Manually to the scheduling server' as trigger, so they never run unless triggered by Jtrigger or mun manually from Flow manager. We have built a scheduler that establish flow order based om metadata registrations of jobs with input and output tables and trigger flows when all preceding flows in a chain have status Done.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation