BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I've created the WORK datasets under precode and postcode and I would like to see how the data was populated. However I'm unable to figure out where this dataset is physically located in DI studio 4.9.

If I see the physical storage of other  WORK datasets which was created as part of other transformation e.g. Extract, Sort...I could see as 'Job's default library for temporary tables' under Location. Is there a way that we can find the location without any support from SAS admin?

4 REPLIES 4
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It is pointing to the folder where it is not accessible. I wonder if that
folder exists.
Reeza
Super User
If you're running in batch the work folder only exists when you're running a session and is deleted after so it doesn't take up space so it won't exist. Ensure your timing is set up correctly when checking for the existence of work folders. Usually they go to the same place so you can go up a level and use the parent folder size if needed. Problem with that approach is if you have sessions that terminate abruptly you'll have the leftover work spaces.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Babloo 

For such cases I normally just copy/paste the DIS generated code into EG and run it from there as this gives you easy access to all the tables in Work whether registered in metadata or not.

I normally try to avoid pre- and post-code especially when it's creating tables/data. I'd rather go for a user written code node pre/post the transformation where I then create the work tables also as metadata (green tables). In doing so you can easily investigate the tables directly within DIS. It also makes such user written code "visible" in the job flow and it better support impact analysis as at least table level dependencies will show in the analysis.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation