BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MikeToole
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to FTP a .csv using the DataFux Emai/FTP node.  I am getting an error  [2:COMMAND:Email and FTP 2] Out of memory!

The file is 76,831 kb.   I would like to comepress it within the dataflux job before the FTP node.  Anyone know how to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi,

You can use the execute() function in an Expression node to make a command line call to a compression/ZIP utility before making the call to the Email/FTP node. There are also "Execute Program" nodes that might meet your needs though they are set up to facilitate passing data into and out of external programs.

Ron

MikeToole
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried that, but can not get the syntax correct for the gzip.  I get file not found when i is there, see below.  Also, I am putting this aon a Shared drive in window, so how do I uncompress it in windows?

Command: gzip apps/dataflux/temp/OUTPUT/reports/vf_arcadia_vitals_file1.csv
apps/dataflux/temp/OUTPUT/reports/vf_arcadia_vitals_file1.csv: No such file or directory
0 rows read

MikeToole
Calcite | Level 5

i needed a  / in front of apps   it works now, and FTP'ed  but how to I open a  .csv.gz file on that windows shared drive?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation