BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Halaku
Obsidian | Level 7
I want to migrate an Oracle PL/SQL job to SAS DI. The Oracle Job does the following:

1. Read the files.
2. Parse the name for an ID value.
3. Read an XML file with ID value.
4. Insert into a table the ID and the OS file.

I am looking for a method (may be a generated transformation) to read the file and its name into a placeholder for further processing and pass those values to a TABLE_LOADER transformation.

I am not a SAS programming guru and will appreciate some extra details.
1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi

If you have already a perfectly working Oracle PL/SQL job then why trying to rebuild everything in SAS DI and not only implement some code in DIS which controls execution of the PL/SQL component.

If this would be a way to go then the following paper will be interesting for you: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/063-30.pdf

HTH
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation