BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TomO2
Calcite | Level 5

I have created a custom Standardization Definition in my local Windows based copy of DataFlux Data Management Studio ver. 2.5 that uses a newly created custom RegEx Library. I would like to know what needs to be transferred to our data management server running on Linux and what is the best way to accomplish this ? Can the export/import facility be used to do this somehow ? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

The import/export functionality will let you move Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) definitions into and out of QKBs. In your situation though, unless the QKB on Linux is accessible to your Windows DM Studio environment through a network share of some kind, you'll probably need to copy the QKB on your Windows environment where the edits were made over to the Linux environment. Some important points:

• t's always a good practice to make backup versions of your QKB directory before edits and copy/paste activities
  • Only replace the entire QKB on Linux if you're sure it's the same as your DM Studio environment. If you're not sure, you can copy the Linux-based QKB over to Windows, register it, use the export command to export the definition from the Windows-based QKB, use the import command to bring the definition into the Linux-based QKB, and then move the Linux-based QKB back out to the Linux server.
  • If you are copying the entire QKB, you'll want to copy all the files and directories from the version number on. So for example, all the directories and files starting here on a default QKB installation on Windows would need to be copied to your Linux-based DM Server environment: C:\ProgramData\SAS\SASQualityKnowledgeBase\CI\27
  • If you already have run jobs/process on DM Server that use the QKB, they may still be loaded into memory along with the QKB. Use the "unload" feature in the DM Server manager component of DM Studio to unload the jobs from memory. If you find that your changes are not being picked up, you may need to restart your DM Server before attempting to run the job again.

Ron

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

The import/export functionality will let you move Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) definitions into and out of QKBs. In your situation though, unless the QKB on Linux is accessible to your Windows DM Studio environment through a network share of some kind, you'll probably need to copy the QKB on your Windows environment where the edits were made over to the Linux environment. Some important points:

• t's always a good practice to make backup versions of your QKB directory before edits and copy/paste activities
  • Only replace the entire QKB on Linux if you're sure it's the same as your DM Studio environment. If you're not sure, you can copy the Linux-based QKB over to Windows, register it, use the export command to export the definition from the Windows-based QKB, use the import command to bring the definition into the Linux-based QKB, and then move the Linux-based QKB back out to the Linux server.
  • If you are copying the entire QKB, you'll want to copy all the files and directories from the version number on. So for example, all the directories and files starting here on a default QKB installation on Windows would need to be copied to your Linux-based DM Server environment: C:\ProgramData\SAS\SASQualityKnowledgeBase\CI\27
  • If you already have run jobs/process on DM Server that use the QKB, they may still be loaded into memory along with the QKB. Use the "unload" feature in the DM Server manager component of DM Studio to unload the jobs from memory. If you find that your changes are not being picked up, you may need to restart your DM Server before attempting to run the job again.

Ron

TomO2
Calcite | Level 5

Ron, thank you for this information. I was hoping that I would be able to directly copy needed files to the server as we often do with schemes, but I guess this is much more involved for definitions. I think I prefer the idea of copying the qkb to my local environment and using the export facility rather than replacing the whole qkb. In my case, however, we have multiple people altering local qkb's so  I have opted to accomplish what I was doing with the definition by writing some expression code instead. This was the simpler and safer approach for now.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation