SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

How do I Configue Sybase connection in Data Flux

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I Configue Sybase connection in Data Flux

How do I Configue Sybase connection in Data Flux? What is a 'wire protocol"? Do I need a netwrok address and is tha tsimila to a port number?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-19-2016 09:23 AM
SAS Employee

Re: How do I Configue Sybase connection in Data Flux

In the latest Data Management Studio version, you should be able to create a connection to Sybase in the Home tab using New Data Connection > ODBC Connection when you right click on Data Connections.

A driver for Sybase, and another one for Sybase IQ are provided, both are Wire drivers: they can talk directly to the database and don't need a client installed.

To configure the connection to Sybase, you will need the name (or IP address) of the machine where the database is installed and the port. Network Address is the concatenation of these two information, separated by a comma, for example: mysybasemachine.foo.com,5006

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-19-2016 09:23 AM
SAS Employee

Re: How do I Configue Sybase connection in Data Flux

In the latest Data Management Studio version, you should be able to create a connection to Sybase in the Home tab using New Data Connection > ODBC Connection when you right click on Data Connections.

A driver for Sybase, and another one for Sybase IQ are provided, both are Wire drivers: they can talk directly to the database and don't need a client installed.

To configure the connection to Sybase, you will need the name (or IP address) of the machine where the database is installed and the port. Network Address is the concatenation of these two information, separated by a comma, for example: mysybasemachine.foo.com,5006

Hope this helps.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation