BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jdebru
Calcite | Level 5

I am attempting to use the SOAP Node in DI studio to pull down some information from a public end point. I have provided the node with an XML file with the message in it. The response that I am getting back from the end point is an error in the date format. I have been ensured by the vendor that the format that I am using is correct. What I want to see is the exact envelope that is being sent. The code tab and log only references the file location, not the prepared envelope. Is there a way to escalate the logging of the SOAP Node to where I can see exactly what is being transmitted? I can get all of the other end points to work, but for some reason the date related ones do not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS-Dan
SAS Employee

Getting the envelope details is beyond the ability of the node.  There are other possibilities, though.  I've found that there are 2-3 good API testers that can be added (free) to chrome as extensions. 

1.  Wizdler:  An interesting one in that it can read in a WSDL and then generate sample calls to the endpoint.  SOAP-only on this one, unless it's been upgraded recently.

2.  Boomerang:  Popular SOAP client, which is a bit more full-featured than just an API tester.

3.  RESTlet:  Just in case you're interested in the REST/JSON point of view....

If these don't quite solve the problem, hopefully it may trigger some other options for you...

>>>> Dan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

I don’t know if there is another option in SAS if you have already turned on the most verbose level of logging. You could use one of the many open source tools that provides a proxy in between SAS and your web service target. It would at least show you what is coming out of SAS before it hits your target.

Ron

SAS-Dan
SAS Employee

Getting the envelope details is beyond the ability of the node.  There are other possibilities, though.  I've found that there are 2-3 good API testers that can be added (free) to chrome as extensions. 

1.  Wizdler:  An interesting one in that it can read in a WSDL and then generate sample calls to the endpoint.  SOAP-only on this one, unless it's been upgraded recently.

2.  Boomerang:  Popular SOAP client, which is a bit more full-featured than just an API tester.

3.  RESTlet:  Just in case you're interested in the REST/JSON point of view....

If these don't quite solve the problem, hopefully it may trigger some other options for you...

>>>> Dan

jdebru
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the responses guys. I will take a look at third parties. It is a hassle to have new software "approved" so I am trying to avoid it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation