BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PraveenBala
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I work with sizeable data, sometimes reaching a few billion rows.

I am exploring ways to use SAS to get data from Google Big Query.

Any body has any experience on that.

Any sample ODBC code or tips will help.

I am using EG on Windows7 64-bit OS as well as Studio on Windows server.

Let me know.

BRgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hey @PraveenBala,

If Google Big Query is accessible via ODBC, then this paper may help you. Then again it may be totally useless.

Here is an SGF paper: An Insider's Guide to SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC

Best wishes,

Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
Your biggest issue is going to be network bandwith - getting the data to/from whatever analysis method you're employing.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

There is a lot of examples and guides and documentation and papers and...so on, just search support.sas.com.

If you need any Big Query specific syntax, search Google.

Data never sleeps
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hey @PraveenBala,

If Google Big Query is accessible via ODBC, then this paper may help you. Then again it may be totally useless.

Here is an SGF paper: An Insider's Guide to SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC

Best wishes,

Jeff

Subhani
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jeff,

Can you please share step by step to connect SAS to Google Bigquery on Linux, if you already performed this one?

Please take some examples or screen shorts to explain all steps. I am Facing issues to connect. I felt something is missed.

Regards

Subhani

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Subhani

Hum... on Linux... that makes it a little more difficult. I may be able to do this even though it is a lot of workSmiley Happy

This post is solved. Please start a new topic for this request. I don't want to overload a solved question.

Keep in mind, this may take a while.

Best wishes,
Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation