BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ruch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All ,

I need to get and copy (with rename) files from SFTP server to Unix Server with the help of DI 4.6.

Files that i need to read are .dat files.

Can anyone suggest me the approach to do this . I have tried with File name option but it doesn't work and gave error

It trying to get file from sas work as per below error : 

NOTE: get File.dat "/saswork01/SAS_workEF2F012F00C6_tns-lk-test-ma-comp/#LN090018"  
ERROR: Directory or file File.dat doesn't exist.

I am not able to understand why its trying to get file from saswork,it should go and get details of the files from SFTP system not saswork.
4 REPLIES 4
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Please post the code that was used.

You might also have a look at this entry https://communities.sas.com/t5/General-SAS-Programming/SFTP/td-p/160607

Bruno

ruch
Fluorite | Level 6
%let host=trans.nsc.no;
%let sftpOption=-o IdentityFile=/uttrekk/prodadm/.ssh/winback_prod;
%let filename=CMD*.dat;
%let sftpPath=/home/t000315/;
filename myfile sftp "&sftpPath.&filename." host="&host." options="&sftpOption.";

data work.test_sftp;
   infile myfile truncover;
   input File_Names $100.;
run;
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Currently the code is only reading from the fileref myfile but not writing it anywhere. Checkout this blog entry Copy a file using a SAS program: another method by @ChrisHemedinger

You will find usefull information on how to do a binary file copy.

Bruno

ruch
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes ,But i got error during reading only.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation