SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Files on C Drive, Server Directory and SAS Folder On Remote Server

Occasional Contributor

Files on C Drive, Server Directory and SAS Folder On Remote Server

Hi,

I'm working through a book on Enterprise Miner that has some accompanying data sets which I can load onto my C drive.

However, I'm using Enterprise at work, and the Server Directory and my SAS Folder (for Librarys etc) are set up on a Remote Server.

Any suggestions as to how I can load/move these local data sets into a Library on the remote server please so that I can use them on Enterprise Miner?

(I also have Enterprise Guide and Putty).

Many thanks!

Respected Advisor

Re: Files on C Drive, Server Directory and SAS Folder On Remote Server

If you've got Putty then you should also be able to use something like WinSCP. With WinSCP you can easily transfer files from your client environment to a remote environment.

Assuming your sample SAS files are not very big in size what I would do: Using WinSCP upload the smallest of your SAS files to the server (with WinSCP that's just drag&drop). Then use SAS EG and issue a libname to the folder where you've stored the SAS file on your server. Then try and open the table in SAS EG. If this works then you should be fine and you can upload all the rest.

Super User

You can also use the EG upload/download data tasks.

Valued Guide

Working with Eminer you should be allowed to use xcmd for the shell. The default as set by SAS is an obstruction as SAS-Unix Admins having problems to understand this kind of work. Nice to see you have putty possible is also winscp functional not harmed.

Anyway having Eguide and a storage location on the server you can always drag and drop files from Windows to Unix (drag-drop copy paste).  No need for some code aor tasks doing this kind of work for you.      

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Super User

PuTTY includes psftp.exe, but my preferred tool is WinSCP. Use the same user/password you use to connect to the EM server; in your home directory look for the sasuser.XXX directory (XXX=SAS version), this is the physical path of the SASUSER library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Occasional Contributor

Thanks all for the helpful responses.

Faffed around in Enterprise Guide until the dataset got imported and saved in a Library, which I was then able to see in the Data Sources in Enterprise Miner.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation