BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ShwetaMishra
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have to export SAS7bdat file to csv. I tried using spark-sas7bdat package and R functions for SAS but both failed with large file. 

Please suggest the best way to export large sas file to csv. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @ShwetaMishra

PROC EXPORT can do this.

Base SAS® 9.4 Procedures Guide, Seventh Edition - EXPORT Procedure

Best wishes,
Jeff

art297
Opal | Level 21

Just use a data step. See: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/Proc-Export-for-large-files/td-p/188894

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

ShwetaMishra
Calcite | Level 5

I wish to do this through Java or scala program. 

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

The only way to read a SAS data set is through SAS. Your Scala or Java program would have to execute SAS in order to do this. There is an SAS ODBC driver, but that will use SAS to read the SAS data set.

Best wishes,

Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation