SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Dynamic Loop with Dataflux - it is possible?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Dynamic Loop with Dataflux - it is possible?

Hi all,

I want to create a dynamic loop in Dataflux and I want to ask if is it possible?

The logic that  I want to use is similar with the Data integration Studio logic (Control table - Loop).

First of all I will create a control table with the variables that I want to pass as macro to the loop

Control table e.g.

TABLE NAME      COLUMN

TABLE1                Col1

TABLE1                Col2

.............                ..........

Then I will create two macros variables, the TableName and the Column and then I want to run a job for every raw of the control table.

If it is not possible I will use sas code.

Thanks in advance,

Vassilis

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-28-2017 03:44 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Dynamic Loop with Dataflux - it is possible?

Posted in reply to VROUSSAKIS
If you haven't already done so, take a look at process jobs and work tables in Data Management Studio. Process jobs have nodes that let you set macro variables, use conditional logic for loops, fork processes, and run processes in parallel. Work tables can be accessed at this level to provide a mechanism for your control table. Ron

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-28-2017 03:44 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to VROUSSAKIS
If you haven't already done so, take a look at process jobs and work tables in Data Management Studio. Process jobs have nodes that let you set macro variables, use conditional logic for loops, fork processes, and run processes in parallel. Work tables can be accessed at this level to provide a mechanism for your control table. Ron
New Contributor

Posted in reply to RonAgresta

Thank you Ron for your reply.

I manage to loop a job with your information.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation