SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Downloading a table in Enterprise Guide where the physical library name is off.

Valued Guide

Downloading a table in Enterprise Guide where the physical library name is off.

I’m trying to use the tasks > data > download feature of Enterprise Guide to download a table.  However the physical name of the library the table points to is not the same thing as the library name (the table use to be in another library) , so when I cannot locate the table to export it.  When I tried changing the physical name to match I can see the table however Enterprise Gide throws the error

ERROR: File EAARL.PUBLIC.DATA does not exist.

ERROR: The metadata for the table/view EAARL.PUBLIC does not exist.

Super User

Re: Downloading a table in Enterprise Guide where the physical library name is off.

Posted in reply to DavidPhillips2

Do you register your SAS tables in SAS metadata, because that is what your error is suggesting. If you rename a table without deleting the metadata definition for the old table and then create a new one that is the sort of error you would likely get. I avoid metadata registration of tables to prevent running into these type of issues.

You can check if you have these tables registered in SAS Management Console.

Valued Guide

Re: Downloading a table in Enterprise Guide where the physical library name is off.

Yes, the table is registered in Metadata.  I believe I need to register it in Metadata in order to work with the table in Data Integration Studio.

Super User

Posted in reply to DavidPhillips2

OK, then when you rename a physical table you need to delete the original metadata registration and re-create it with the new name.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation