BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

SAS 9.4

DI Studio 4.9

64-bit OS

Good Morning All,

I've got a job that was last run maybe a year ago. When I attempt to open it, DI Studio spins for a second, opens a blank window/pane, then that window/pane closes.

When I run an analysis/reverse analysis on tables that should be in this job, this job is indeed listed in the analysis lists. Even an attempt to then open the job from the analysis list fails to open anything.

So, it seems metadata recognizes the content of the job, but DI Studio won't allow me to open it.

I don't have this problem with any other job.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Start to check the logs in the DI Studio client and in the Metadata server as well.
Check if any of the objects involved have been updated the last year.
Backtrack from the code (or the same job in another environment ) if there are any objects that might have been deleted or renamed.
Try to import the job from another environment (dev/test/prod....)
Data never sleeps
hamish_at_nab
Fluorite | Level 6

Local DI Studio logs can be found here on windows:%APPDATA%\SAS\SASDataIntegrationStudio\4.901\

To get here press WIN+R then paste the above into the open: box and press enter.

Good luck!

JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8
One of my users is experiencing the same. SAS 9.4M4, DI Studio 4.902, 64-bit OS (Win 10 client, Win Server 2012 R2 server). I have a case opened and will respond with my findings, but if you resolved the issue you had, please let me know what your resolution was.
JohnJPS
Quartz | Level 8
Exporting as a package and re-importing worked for me: (1) right-click the job and select Export > SAS Package... (2) make sure to check "Include dependent objects when retrieving initial collection of objects, then click Next until finished. (3) then re-import the same package, and it may or may not find all dependencies, but will walk you through adding anythat are missed (and verifying any that are found). Once I did that, I was abel to open the re-imported job.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@jwhite

Sounds like something in SAS Metadata is corrupted.

My preferred way for fixing corrupted DI job metadata is to re-import the job.

Should that not be possible then additionally to what @LinusH wrote have you already analyzed SAS Metadata? The repair statement there helps sometimes (take a metadata backup first!).

Capture.PNG

Bipasha
Obsidian | Level 7
Do you get any solution to the problem. I am facing the same issue. And dont know how to debug it
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
I am facing the same issue. has this resolved? Reimporting didn't help us.
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I have seen this issue when the job gets too big to open.

Try increasing the memory available to DI Studio:  https://rawsas.com/improve-performance-of-di-studio-client/

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
It has already more than recommended memory settings
JavaArgs_1=-Xmx2048m
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

This thread i five years old.

It's better to create a new one (but you could link to this thread).

Let us know if you tried to

- Repair the metadata

- Use a correspodning job from another environment

- Check the logs in bot the metadata server, and you local DI Studio log

- restore metadata from a version when you know the job was not corrupt

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 8 in conversation