BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

(DI Studio 4.9)

i have a library designed specifically for testing a proof of concept. That proof is over, so I wanted to delete it. I checked it out first, then deleted it. The library is no longer in my Checkout tree, however it appears in the Folder tree still (noted as checked out by me) as well as appearing under Libraries in Management Console.

I seem to be stuck here. I can't checkout the library to attempt another deletion because SAS thinks it's checked out to me . It's not in my checkout list and nor can I delete it from Management Console.

Any suggestion on what to do from here?

Thanks,

-Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelLarsen
SAS Employee

You are not missing anything, 

It has been a while since I deleted objects via a Project repository so I incorrectly assumed a check-in was neccessary.

You are correct it should have disappeared.

A couple of things to do:

- Check the Metadata Server log , it might reveal the underlying problem.

- Before checking out the object, select the Checkouts tab, right click and select Clear. That will clear your project repository in case corrupted data has been created. Now try and check-out your object again and delete it.

If the problem persists you may have to do a Analyze/Repair of your metadata repositories. This is done from SAS Management Console. Remember to backup the metadata repositories before doing that. Repeat the Analyze/Repair until no more errors are found.

If this does not help, please raise a track with SAS Tech Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelLarsen
SAS Employee

did you commit your delete?

Regards,

Michael

jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

Hmmm....I'm not sure what that means in the context of DI Studio.

I followed the same procedure I always have when I wanted to delete an object:

1) check it out to my repository

2) rt-click and delete

3) confirm deletion in the alert window

4) object is deleted

What am I missing?

Thanks!

MichaelLarsen
SAS Employee

You are not missing anything, 

It has been a while since I deleted objects via a Project repository so I incorrectly assumed a check-in was neccessary.

You are correct it should have disappeared.

A couple of things to do:

- Check the Metadata Server log , it might reveal the underlying problem.

- Before checking out the object, select the Checkouts tab, right click and select Clear. That will clear your project repository in case corrupted data has been created. Now try and check-out your object again and delete it.

If the problem persists you may have to do a Analyze/Repair of your metadata repositories. This is done from SAS Management Console. Remember to backup the metadata repositories before doing that. Repeat the Analyze/Repair until no more errors are found.

If this does not help, please raise a track with SAS Tech Support.

jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

@MichaelLarsen, thanks!

'Clearing' out the Checkout tree unlocked the object. I could then check it out (again) and delete it...this time successfully!

Cheers!

-Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation