SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Delete registerred metadata table

Super Contributor

Delete registerred metadata table

Dear All,

How can I delete registered tables from metadata library using sas code?

I know that using
 update_rule=(delete) within proc metalib procedure deletes the table if they no longer exists in the physical path

but i want to keep them in the physical path.

10x

Super User

Re: Delete registerred metadata table

Even if I have never used it, I would be very surprised if PROC METALIB would delete any physical data.

Data never sleeps
Super Contributor

PROC METALIB does not delete the physical data but if the table exists in the physical path it does not remove it from

the metadata library .

For wxample , I have library test defined in metadata with the following properties:

- location /Shared Data

- selected items - /path/test

I have registered the table class in this library and now I want to delete it from the library but still keep it in the /path/test .

how can I do it?

Super User

You can easily delete a registered table in SAS Management Console without affecting the physical original. 

Super Contributor

I know but it is not a choice. We have many libraries and a lot of tables registered in each of them.

We need a programming approach.

Super User

What about going through the entire library using an EXCLUDE statement to not process the tables you do not want registered?

proc metalib;
     omr (libid="XXXXXXX");
  exclude table1 table2......;
run;

Personally I avoid registering tables in metadata where possible so I don't have these administration problems Smiley Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation