SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Dataflux cannot find repository after restarting PC

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Dataflux cannot find repository after restarting PC

Hi All,

I am coming across an issue where after restarting my machine, Dataflux DMS 2.6 has an error that it cannot locate the repositories on a network drive.  The drive is available and the solution that I have been using is to edit the repository definition by browsing for the location.  I don't need to select or change the repository, just select browse and it then connects again.

Has anyone experienced this before or could recommend a solution to prevent having to edit the repository definition to connect again?  The issue only occurs after restarting the machine and if I close data management studio the issue does not occur.

Any suggestions would be apprecioated.

Thanks,

Allan.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-09-2017 10:31 PM
Occasional Contributor

Re: Dataflux cannot find repository after restarting PC

Hi All,

Simple problem in the end  - the issue was that the repository was referenced using a mapped drive letter.  Changing to a UNC path rectified the problem.

Thansk,

Allan.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi AllanD,

I checked with some SAS experts on your question, and it sounds like a defect . Although it could have something to do with the permissions on the file that contains the configuration information for the repository definition.

Anna

Occasional Contributor

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply - have found a solution by changing the repository reference to a UNC path rather than a mpped drive letter.  Seems to work.  Not sure if that is expected behaviour but certainly resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Allan.

Community Manager

Excellent to hear, Allan. Many thanks for reporting back to the community.

Anna

Solution
‎01-09-2017 10:31 PM
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

Simple problem in the end  - the issue was that the repository was referenced using a mapped drive letter.  Changing to a UNC path rectified the problem.

Thansk,

Allan.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation