BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GLF_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm new to DataFlux Data Management Studio 2.5 and I'm still trying to find my way around.

I am trying to create a Data Exploration and after I choose my Data Sources I want to use Field Name matching. The problem is that I can choose a Locale (English/Canada) but  nothing is displayed into the Match Definition list. We have the QKB installed. Can someone please point me to what the problem might be? Is there anything else that need to be configured in order to use this analysis method?

Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

If you go to the Administration riser, and you expand the Quality Knowledge Bases folder, do you see an active qkb?

GLF_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, it is there!

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

I just tried this and it worked for me. I right-clicked the QKB and selected Make Active. Then I right-clicked the locale, like English, Austrailia, and selected Open QKB. Then I could see the definitions within the locales in the right pane. After that I could select them in the Data Exploration property window.

GLF_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Where have you selected 'Make Active' for the QKB?  Was it still in the Administration riser, because I don't see this option and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this!

GLF_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Apparently I cannot open the QKB any further or get that menu so I think I have to double-check the installation of the QKB and then try again.

Thank you very much. This was very helpful.

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

One thing you might check: the path to the QKB must be something like this; C:\ProgramData\DataFlux\QKB\CI\2013A

If you select a higher-level folder, for example, it won't work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation