SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Data step code to output two user-written values to the same work table column

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Data step code to output two user-written values to the same work table column

I'm working in a User Written transformation in DI Studio. It has a DATA &_output step with the following statement: report_date = intnx('weekday', today(), -1);

The output work table has a column called report_date, which the value for the variable report_date appears in (as 03DEC2012).

If I want the User Written transformation to output TWO values to the report_date column, how do I do it? I basically need it to output both report_date = intnx('weekday', today(), -1); AND report_date_saturday = report_date +1; to the report_date work table column if run on a Monday (so that it outputs the date of Friday and Saturday).

If the job is run on 10DEC2012, the output work table should look like this:

report_date

30NOV2012

01DEC2012

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-04-2012 10:03 AM
Super User

Re: Data step code to output two user-written values to the same work table column

You need an output statement after each assignment.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-04-2012 10:03 AM
Super User

Re: Data step code to output two user-written values to the same work table column

You need an output statement after each assignment.

Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

Whenever I try using the output statement, I get an error saying  "ERROR 455-185: Data set was not specified on the DATA statement". The data step is data &_output;

Is it forbidden to use output inside an &_output data step, and if so, is there an alternative?

UPDATE: Nevermind, figured it out, thanks. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

what is the solution for this? I'm having the same issue. What did you figure out?

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation