BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tpp77
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'd like to create a new data integration profile connecting to my own pc (from my own pc).

Can somebody give me the parameters to use?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Doesn't this imply you have a metadata server on your pc?  If you don't, not sure that this is possible, unless your PC has a registered workspace server on it

The parameters would depend on your installation.... But thought the profile setup wizard was pretty self explanatory.

Barry

nar_sas
SAS Employee

Typically when everything is on the same machine these are the values I use for 9.2;  the port may be different for 9.1:

hostname:  localhost

port:  (enter a port number or use the default port 8561)

userid:  your local userid;  needs to be valid for the host your metadata server is on

password:  your local password; needs to be valid for the host your metadata server is on

Authentication domain:  leave it blank or DefaultAuth

As mentioned above, to connect to your local machine, you would need to have a metadata server running on your local machine.

Jackme
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same issue. Can you please share more information on how we can setup metadata server etc on a local PC

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You need to install the SAS Metadata Server on your local machine using the SAS Setup utility (setup.exe in SAS depot). On a single machine it's quite straight forward and the installation wizard will guide you.

You need access to a SAS depot, an Order and (I believe) a Plan (one of the standard deployment plans should do). The metadata server is part of Foundation SAS so eventually you can even install without a plan using the "express" installation without a plan (a selection in the installation wizard).

You also need access to a license file which allows you to run such a server on your machine.

How this works and what's required can all be found here: Install Center

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Data Integration (DI) on a personaI machine? Yes it is possible to install it, with the requirements:

- the needed license. The whole process of installing  the eip/baf platform.

- with all needed system-admin rights on that machine. It is needing some preparation in the user-access management and more. In managed environments this will normally closed.

- Doing all kind of configurations afterwards in the metadata

This is not the simple click on setup.and .. run approach as many expected it.

With Eminer there is a desktopversion having all docuements to dot this. It is very special area of usage.

DI is normally used to build the ETL process and part of a whole IT infrastructure and business processes having a lot of additional requirements and already prepared information (data/metadata).

So I do not understand the reason for the question.

Is it working for the office at an other location?

A remote desktop connection approach is a better approach as you get all needed to continue your work.

Is it learning the DI tooling?

That is a difficult one, 

SAS is not offering that is an "on demand service".

I do not know of any other provider/service offering this as an "SAAS"/cloud approach.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation