SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

DI studio pre assigned library

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

DI studio pre assigned library

In DI studio new library wizard, what is preassigned library and generic library type?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Respected Advisor

Re: DI studio pre assigned library

[ Edited ]

@89sankar

If a library is defined as pre-assigned in SAS Metadata then the library definition gets executed during SAS invocation. 

For pre-assigned libraries via SAS Medatada SAS DIS won't generate a Libname statement in the deployed code.

If using pre-assigned libraries pointing to databases then I'm normally also using libname option defer=yes so that the actual connection to the database only gets established once you actually use a table from that database in your DIS job.

In case your server is locked-down then using pre-assigned libraries allows you to use paths to folders which are otherwise not accessible. That opens up quite a few opportunities when it comes to securing an environment and controlling which users can access what using SAS.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetTarget=p0eo05w7u850lgn1n1i5vquf07vg.htm&docsetV...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Pre-assigned is when the DI Studio job early on that the library is assigned by central configuration. Either by an autoexec or via the metadataibrary registration.
Data never sleeps
Solution
2 weeks ago
Respected Advisor

[ Edited ]

@89sankar

If a library is defined as pre-assigned in SAS Metadata then the library definition gets executed during SAS invocation. 

For pre-assigned libraries via SAS Medatada SAS DIS won't generate a Libname statement in the deployed code.

If using pre-assigned libraries pointing to databases then I'm normally also using libname option defer=yes so that the actual connection to the database only gets established once you actually use a table from that database in your DIS job.

In case your server is locked-down then using pre-assigned libraries allows you to use paths to folders which are otherwise not accessible. That opens up quite a few opportunities when it comes to securing an environment and controlling which users can access what using SAS.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetTarget=p0eo05w7u850lgn1n1i5vquf07vg.htm&docsetV...

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation