SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

DI - stop a flow when i have an error in a transformation

Contributor

DI - stop a flow when i have an error in a transformation

Hi ,

does anyone know how i can stop a flow in sas di when i have an error in a transformation ?

Thanks

CL

Super User

Re: DI - stop a flow when i have an error in a transformation

When you say DI, you mean when you are actually running inte DI Studio GUI?

When executing om the WorksSpace server, there is no interaction between DIS and the server session, DIS is responsible for generating the current SAS code based on metadata, and then submit that code to the server.

So no, DIS itself cannot stop after an error.

What you can play with are global SAS options that handle how the SAS session should respond to error events. I think the default is that after a syntax error, SAS will set obs=0, and then just syntax check the rest of the code.

Question is, why do you want to stop execution when working in DIS? I can't say that I ever had that need.

Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Return code check transformation could do something for you specially when setting the action with error but not specially to stop DIS if error occurs.

why are you looking for it ?

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

SAS Employee

This topic and chapter from the user guide might help (Perform Actions Based on the Status of a Transformation): SAS(R) Data Integration Studio 4.8: User's Guide

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation