BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Just I've gone through the document of SAS DI Studio, However I couldn't find the materials on some real time projects with DI studio.

Appreciate if someone direct me which explains the real time application\senarios.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

What do you mean by "real time application\senarios". Use cases of how DIS has been used in real projects? Or how "near real time" requirements can get implemented?

As for "near real time":

DIS is an ETL tool and ETL is normally run in batch. Because "real time" means very different things for different people, it can be that "mini batches" already cover "real time" requirements; else tools like SAS Event Stream Processing (ESP) and SAS Real-Time Decision Manager (RTDM) are eventually more what one would be looking into for real time requirements.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'm looking for document on real world examples.

RahulG
Barite | Level 11

I am not sure what are you looking for.

Whatever you code in Base SAS windows for data extraction, same code can be generated in Data Integration studio with very minimal effort.Using DI studio, mantanence of jobs become very easy. For example, if changes comes in source table, target table columns then DI really helps to know what are impacted jobs.

DI jobs are nothing but group of transformation so it become easy to understand logic of the jobs in short time. 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Have you already searched the Internet with terms like "sas data integration studio case study".

If you're working for a company which has DI Studio licenced and you have a business reason why you're looking for such case studies then you could also contact SAS directly and ask if they can provide such case studies.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation