SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

DI Studio bug: When reopening saved job, all objects are bundled on top of each other, and all connections are removed

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

DI Studio bug: When reopening saved job, all objects are bundled on top of each other, and all connections are removed

Sometimes, when opening a job I've made alterations to in the past, all the objects (transformations and tables) are bundled on top of each other in the upper-left corner, and all connections are gone. Have any of you encountered this problem before, and do you know what might be causing it?

Thanks for your attention. Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-10-2012 05:28 PM
Respected Advisor

Re: DI Studio bug: When reopening saved job, all objects are bundled on top of each other, and all connections are removed

I have already encountered similar issues. The appear to become less and less frequent the newer the SAS/DIS version is.

Obviously something with metadata is not o.k. so one way to go is to try and run an "analyze/repair" in SMC. What also sometimes helps is to export the job to an .spk, then delete it in metadata and then re-import it. Of course best is you have such a .spk of your job from shortly before the issue occured - and if you're currently working in an environment where you're having such metadata based problems then take regular backup copies by exporting the jobs you're altering (before and after).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-10-2012 05:28 PM
Respected Advisor

Re: DI Studio bug: When reopening saved job, all objects are bundled on top of each other, and all connections are removed

I have already encountered similar issues. The appear to become less and less frequent the newer the SAS/DIS version is.

Obviously something with metadata is not o.k. so one way to go is to try and run an "analyze/repair" in SMC. What also sometimes helps is to export the job to an .spk, then delete it in metadata and then re-import it. Of course best is you have such a .spk of your job from shortly before the issue occured - and if you're currently working in an environment where you're having such metadata based problems then take regular backup copies by exporting the jobs you're altering (before and after).

Super User

This was quite common in 3.4, but I haven't seen this kind of behaviour since.

If you are stuck with the your current version, make sure that you at least have all available hot fixes installed.

Data never sleeps
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation