SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Custom Transformation

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom Transformation

There are numerous Custom (generated) transformations has been used in my project and I'm unable to locate where they're available to reuse it in my job which is being developed. 

Appreciate if someone of you help me here.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-05-2018 01:10 AM
Valued Guide

Re: Custom Transformation

I understand you want to know where to find generated transform so you can use them in your job(s). There are several ways to find them but I do think it should be obvious from your induction into the project. It is a good practice to properly organize and document all objects in the project, including generated transforms. And new people should be made familiar with this.

But stepping down from my soapbox you will find all generated transform in the Inventory tree on the right panel of your DIS window. There is a Generated transformation category where you can find all that exist. It is also good practice to organize the transformations in a category inside the Transformations tree. If objects are not placed in a category you can find them in Ungrouped.

From any of these trees you can drag them into your job.

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-05-2018 01:10 AM
Valued Guide

I understand you want to know where to find generated transform so you can use them in your job(s). There are several ways to find them but I do think it should be obvious from your induction into the project. It is a good practice to properly organize and document all objects in the project, including generated transforms. And new people should be made familiar with this.

But stepping down from my soapbox you will find all generated transform in the Inventory tree on the right panel of your DIS window. There is a Generated transformation category where you can find all that exist. It is also good practice to organize the transformations in a category inside the Transformations tree. If objects are not placed in a category you can find them in Ungrouped.

From any of these trees you can drag them into your job.

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

Highlighted
Respected Advisor

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation