BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
newbie_ari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi.

I'm trying to run the following code:

proc sql; connect to hadoop (user="myusr1" pw="mypwd1" server=hxpduped port=10000 schema=default); create table test as (select * from connection to hadoop (select * from dataset limit 100; )); disconnect from hadoop; quit; 

But my code is running without any result. I can't able see the job running in job tracker as well.

Can anybody please help?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Have you completed the post install configuration, moving jar-files, setting up configuration file etc?

Have you tried a libname?

Can you ping the server?

Data never sleeps
newbie_ari
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot LinusH for your reply! Yes. We have completed all the configurations. I tried the libname option, but was getting the same problem.

We can ping the server as well. The Hadoop server is up & running. And we can submit task which are getting completed.

But can't able to connect sas with Hadoop. Also, I'm using SAS Enterprise in case that's an issue.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

With libname, can you connect, but not read data? What does PROC DATASETS LIST give you?

Do you have a Hive or Hive2 server?

Have you tried FILENAME?

If you can connect but not read, it's...odd. And I guess that you tried the same HiveQL inside Hive with the same user?

Perhaps this typical SAS tech support issue, hard to troubleshoot remotely for forum participants...

Data never sleeps
newbie_ari
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks LinusH for your helpful reply. We have Hive server. I also have the feeling that I need to contact SAS guyz to look into the issues. But thanks anywayz.

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

Can you try something similar to this and post your SAS log?

libname h1 hadoop server=hxpduped port=10000 user=myusr1 password=mypwd1 schema=default;

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;

data h1.cars;

set sashelp.cars;

run;

select count(*) from h1.cars;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation