BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rasheed
Calcite | Level 5

I wrote a program for bootstrap sample generation

It works fine but It has one issue

when I run that SAS program twice then newer bootstrap samples are merged with previously generated bootstrap samples in SAS output

E.g, First I generated 100 bootstrap sample and calculated 95 percentile from it

But when I again run that program then SAS out put show 200 bootstrap samples therefore 95 percentile is misleading in this case

Please help me how to resolve this issue

6 REPLIES 6
Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

I doubt anyone will have any valuable input without being able to look at your code.

Rasheed
Calcite | Level 5

http://www.math.uni-bremen.de/~pigeot/software/engl_boot_sas.html

I am using this program plz help me in this regard

ballardw
Super User

It sounds like somewhere you are appending data to a dataset. The first step would be either to deleted the existing dataset or direct your output to a new dataset.

Other than that, details are needed to provide more specific help.

If you have code look for some place with Proc Append, Proc Datasets with append, a data step with 2 or more datasets on a Set statement or Proc SQL with a Union join.

Rasheed
Calcite | Level 5

here I am inserting a link of program that I am using

I would be really grate full to you if you could mention me the correction in it

http://www.math.uni-bremen.de/~pigeot/software/engl_boot_sas.html

Reeza
Super User

Add a parameter to your program to ensure that it creates a uniquely named data set for each iteration/call.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation