SAS Data Integration Studio, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS/ACCESS, SAS Data Loader for Hadoop and others

Auto increment option

Contributor

Auto increment option

Hi,

is there any standard option in SAS DI Studio to create or assign auto increment numbers column in the target table.

I am merging two tables using Append Transformation and need After or In Append Trans.

Please guide me if there is any possibility.

Best Regards

Dani

Super User

Re: Auto increment option

Well, depends on what you mean by "automatic", or "standard"...

There is no real good options/transformation to do this as simple as you describes, and in a efficient way. When this requirement emerge, I usually see three options:

1. Challenge the requirement. What is the the requirement? Mostly, this is requirement from DBA:s who is not involved in DW design principles.
  2. See if this functionality can be obtained in the target database as a automatic constraint.
  3. Create you own transformation, that just does select max(increment_col) into: max_increment on the target table (an index is required to make this fast), and then just table scans your input and assign your increment with _n_ + max_increment.
Data never sleeps
Contributor

Re: Auto increment option

I think there is no direct / good option in DI Studio to do this like Load Time Column in Table Loader Transformation.
Just managed it with User Written Code Transformation.

Thanks for reply.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation