BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AntonLykov
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to store configuration properties for my groovy activity in SAS RTDM 6.5.

It is possible to set properties for RTDM Engine Server in Confuguration Manager plugin in Management Console. These properties are retrieved in spring xml with expressions like

#{dsConfig.resolveStringValue('sasds.engine.default.timezoneid')}

Is it possible to access such properties from groovy activity?

It is also possible to set system wide properties in JAVA_OPTS variable in SASServer7_1/bin/setenv.sh script or put them in file somewhere on file system and load it in runtime. However to change them you need access to filesystem. What is the best practice for storing and accessing properties in custom groovy activities?

1 REPLY 1
shill
SAS Employee

Since the use of Groovy for custom processes isn't an officially supported option, I don't have any specific examples for you. But I did check with someone internally and their response was that, since everything from the classpath is available to the Groovy activities, you should have access to all system options, classes and property files. It may require some knowledge to know how to fetch the something within the spring context of your parent classloader, but there are no restrictions against doing this. (For reference, the groovy classloader is a child of the main engine classloader.) 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation