BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlanisN
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to make modifications to my diagram by selecting from my whole customer base just those customers who had activity during the last 30 days. I want to notify to this first group about some changes in the law, but afterward I need to notify to the 2nd group (the one who still on my customer base but they do not apply to the rule).

When selecting the 1st group, on the Select Node, I entered the date --> Today: -30 to 0

I tried to follow the same logic for the 2nd group --> Today: -360 to -31

However, the numbers do not match (I have to obtain the difference between my customer base and my 1st rule but I get more than that)

Does somebody know how can I solve this?

Thank you very much in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
What is the definition of the field in the Select node? If it's order date where a customer can have more than one order date in their history then you will not get matching counts. I would suspect that the 0-30 days is accurate but the 31-360 days is not and includes some of the 0-30.
Can you provide more detail about the actual field you are using?

AlanisN
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi pcapazzi! Thanks a lot for your reply 🙂

Well, on my Select Node I selected the following:

• Data Item: Last Date with transaction
  • Value: Today: -30 to 0
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
Put the two groups (add cells if they aren't there already to play it safe) into a Prioritize. Open it up and make sure 0-30 is on top and close the dialog. Try getting the counts then.
AlanisN
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually, is only one Select Node where I have to enter both values at the same time: the data item (last date of transaction) and the value (date: Today - 30 to 0), otherwise I will get an error. I believe I cannot separate them.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I've never used SAS Customer Intelligence but, upon looking at the select screen couldn't you use:

Today min=-30 max=0 one value meets these criteria

to get your first group and then use the same thing but with the criterion:

no value meets these criteria

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Art,
Wouldn't the "no value meets these criteria" include customers with last transaction dates past 360 days? It would be everybody other than 0-30.
art297
Opal | Level 21

@pcapazzi: like I said, I'm not familiar with SAS CI. However, that said, does it let you make a select of a select? I.e., if it can select all that haven't met the -30 to 0 criterion, can't you then select must meet one (today -360 to -31) from that selection node?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
Art,
You can create an implicit AND so that one select points into another select and it take the intersection of the two. I would think you'd have one node that is -30 to 0. You could have another -30 to 0 and change the Rule to No value meets this criteria and run that into a 3rd node which is -360 to -31 where the Rule is left at the default of "One Value Meets This Criteria"

You can also have a Select node with -360 to -31 with a second line of AND NOT -30 to 0. This is would still require a 2nd node of just -30 to 0.
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9
You can. Copy and paste the node. Remove 31-360 from the original node and remove 0-30 from the new node. Give it a try and get counts for those two nodes first and see if they come out correct. You should get distinct counts of subjects that are correct. If the count for 0-30 comes out as you'd expect that's one down and one to go. If 31-360 come out correct then that's great and you can move on. If 31-360 is higher than expected then I would think there is a one to many (transaction dates) relationship here. Then I would put it in the Prioritize node with 0-30 having highest priority to pull out any possible 0-30's customers out of the 31-360 customers. You should be left with accurate counts then.
If those numbers do not come out right I would normally use the Create PDF Documents function and produce an Audit Log. I would review the SQL for it and see if it makes sense and compare it to what I would normally execute to get counts outside of CIS.
Hope that helps.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation