BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Amarnadh
Obsidian | Level 7

The current campaign code structure is C##### (5 digits). The current used number is around 55000.
The client would like to continue the number in the new system. Therefore, e.g.: starting from 55001.
This also applies to the communication.Please also advise if any other sequence number need to be updated. As I remember, there is a .sas file containing those numbers, which stored in the SAS application folder. please advise me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, the current sequence numbers are stored in a SAS dataset "MAMisc.Sequence"   MAMisc library is stored somewhere down the line from sasconfig/Lev1/Applications/..., (the actual path changes with versions) and often times it is pre-assigned in your EG sessions (not always though).

It's the only place these numbers need to be updated, and in my opinion, it's relatively safe to do so. We have done such update from time to time (often it is needed when some migration is happening to avoid IDs overlapping). 

Make sure you don't screw up this dataset encoding (prefer in-place updates, try not to "rewrite" it completely unless you're certain there is no encoding mismatch) and don't leave it open in your EG session after the change - it will lock the dataset and you will be getting an error in SAS CI Studio doing things like campaign creation, runs, saves etc.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, the current sequence numbers are stored in a SAS dataset "MAMisc.Sequence"   MAMisc library is stored somewhere down the line from sasconfig/Lev1/Applications/..., (the actual path changes with versions) and often times it is pre-assigned in your EG sessions (not always though).

It's the only place these numbers need to be updated, and in my opinion, it's relatively safe to do so. We have done such update from time to time (often it is needed when some migration is happening to avoid IDs overlapping). 

Make sure you don't screw up this dataset encoding (prefer in-place updates, try not to "rewrite" it completely unless you're certain there is no encoding mismatch) and don't leave it open in your EG session after the change - it will lock the dataset and you will be getting an error in SAS CI Studio doing things like campaign creation, runs, saves etc.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation