BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello,

I would like to create a new channel through SAS CI Studio(a new one outside the out-of-the-box 30), which would eventually publish into CI_CHANNEL table.

Is there a way to acheive this as i couldnt find any option to create a new channel through CI Studio?

Version 6.4M1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi David, 

This is actually very easy. There is a special utility to add channels, it's described in SAS MA Administration Guide (page 178 for v6.4). An example call (from the guide): 

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASCustomerIntelligenceUtilities\6.4 \sasciutils_console.exe"
-addChannel -userid MyUserId -password MyPassword -utilitylogfile c:/tmp/channel.log -code D2D
-name "Door to Door Solicitation"

Don't try to create codes for new channels starting with _ (as for built-in channels) it won't work. Start with the letters.

Best regards, Dmitriy.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dmitry_Alergant
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi David, 

This is actually very easy. There is a special utility to add channels, it's described in SAS MA Administration Guide (page 178 for v6.4). An example call (from the guide): 

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASCustomerIntelligenceUtilities\6.4 \sasciutils_console.exe"
-addChannel -userid MyUserId -password MyPassword -utilitylogfile c:/tmp/channel.log -code D2D
-name "Door to Door Solicitation"

Don't try to create codes for new channels starting with _ (as for built-in channels) it won't work. Start with the letters.

Best regards, Dmitriy.

-------
Dmitriy Alergant, Tier One Analytics
GemG
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

How can I remove the added channels from metadata using the above utility or is there any other way.
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation