BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
georgeous
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I have a field called LINK_URL in CI Studio. This field contains URLs from our email broadcasts that our customers have clicked on.

This field has a datatype of Character and a level of nominal.

I want to create a selection where the Link URL value contains the word "clothing" 

I am unable to use the wildcard facility for this field -

I've done Like: clothing* but I get an error message.

I've noticed I can use the Like operator on other character fields but where the level is ordinal.

Does this make a difference.

How can I use the wildcard with my Link URL field.

Thanks

Georgina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveMarshall
SAS Employee

I believe Like can only be used on Character Fields that have no Metadata values.  So if your field has a list of values available (with or without counts), I don't think you can use Like.  To workaround, Go to Definitions workspace in CI Studio and create a new Selection /  Calculated Item.  Give it a name and in expression, select the Data Item that is the field you want to pattern match.  Specify the proper Subject Level and Type: should be Character.  Save the calculated item.  Now in your Campaign, you should be able to use the new Calculated Item in Select Node and see the Like operator when you click the Select Values icon in the Values section

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VinayUjjini
SAS Employee

Hello Georgina:

You can enter wildcard searches using the % symbol.  In CI Studio, once the data item is open, please click on the edit button to the right and in the next window, choose 'Like' operator.  In the value section, use % as wildcard search.  Please remember that this is case sensitive.

Another way is to open the data item and in value, type in Like:%el%

If you are searching for the word Help.

Hope this helps.  I attached some screenshots for your benefit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Vinay

georgeous
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, this doesn’t work.

I don’t have a Like Operator – I think it’s something to do with the datatype.

If I enter the Like: %value% manually, then I get an error message telling me that the Like operator is not allowed.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D214EC.AFFCBFA0]

SteveMarshall
SAS Employee

I believe Like can only be used on Character Fields that have no Metadata values.  So if your field has a list of values available (with or without counts), I don't think you can use Like.  To workaround, Go to Definitions workspace in CI Studio and create a new Selection /  Calculated Item.  Give it a name and in expression, select the Data Item that is the field you want to pattern match.  Specify the proper Subject Level and Type: should be Character.  Save the calculated item.  Now in your Campaign, you should be able to use the new Calculated Item in Select Node and see the Like operator when you click the Select Values icon in the Values section

georgeous
Calcite | Level 5
This worked a treat.

Thanks ever so much!

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation