BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
carlialessandro
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

i'm using RTDM 6.4, I need to create a new DATE variable to write the correct sysdate (Timezone: Europe/Rome) on a staging table. I must write it in a TIMESTAMP field mapping the related insert viariable of an insert data process. I tried to use the "Today's Date and Time" Out of the Box variable but i've seen that it writes always the UTC datetime. I also tried to use the following conversion functions in the calculated variable editor but the date written on DB is always in UTC:

1. "GETDATEINTIMEZONE(<<DateAndTime.today>>,'Europe/Rome')"
  2. TODAY('Europe/Rome')

Any suggestions about the calculation of a new variable, even in DS2 code, to write the correct italian sysdate also respect the change from solar to legal time.

Thank you,

Alessandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shill
SAS Employee

Have you applied the hotfix and configuration options from this SAS Note? You shouldn't need a DS2 process - if all your dates are in CET, there won't be any conversion needed once that's in place and set as your default TZ. If you have dates from other TZ's, then the calculated item functions you mentioned would be appropriate to convert it to CET as the input variable to a data process (which will now, per this fix, write it in CET).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
shill
SAS Employee
Alessandro -

Can you please clarify if this is something you're doing via DS2 or via a data insert process?

Steve

carlialessandro
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Shill, thank you for the reply.

I'm doing it via a data insert process, mapping a date variable of my table with the "Today's Date and Time" preconfigured SAS variable.

Data e ora odierna.PNG
carlialessandro
Fluorite | Level 6

Just to explain better,

I would also like to know if there is a way, building a DS2 process, to create a date variable to be mapped in the data insert process. I need this date variable to have the correct italian time at every runtime( in DST and standard time).

Thank you,

Alessandro

shill
SAS Employee

Have you applied the hotfix and configuration options from this SAS Note? You shouldn't need a DS2 process - if all your dates are in CET, there won't be any conversion needed once that's in place and set as your default TZ. If you have dates from other TZ's, then the calculated item functions you mentioned would be appropriate to convert it to CET as the input variable to a data process (which will now, per this fix, write it in CET).

carlialessandro
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much for this SAS Note! I'll try to install the Hotfix and i'll let you know if it works.

Alessandro

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation