BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

If there are views that are created is there a way to add that view to the information map and link to from a subject or other table/view? Please consider any tool that would help in accomlishing this (such as SAS Migration Utility).

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
shill
SAS Employee

I know for sure that PROC INFOMAPS lets you create information maps programmatically. I use it in combination with an Excel Spreadsheet to help consultants create initial information maps quickly (by using VBA in Excel to generate the PROC INFOMAPS code), but I'm not sure what capabilities it has for updating existing maps. Might be worth a look, though.

You'll also need some additional SAS code to register those new views in SMC and update their metadata if you want to automate this end-to-end. I don't have an example handy of registering new tables, but for updating metadata I used this recently:

proc metalib;
	omr (libid="&libid"); /* get this from SMC - it's the second half of the full object ID */
	select (campaign communication);
	report;
run;

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks @shill

I lookup the procedure and see a section devoted to it. At a high level it appears there are functions to insert and update the InfoMap. 

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/engimap/61078/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003052334.htm

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation