BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
omlk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

We would like to create an email task that will be triggered on abandoned of the form on web page. Just wondering if there is a straightforward way to create the event to capture this action. There are metrics available in the insight report, however I am able to figure out a way to track it as an event in Engage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
omlk
Fluorite | Level 6

@MarkKorey_sas- Thanks for your response. I believe 2 events option would give me what I am trying to achieve here. I will try this approach.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
YumaHase
SAS Employee

If a user tries to submit a form and fail, does it take the user to another web page? If something changes, you may be able to collect such value from URL query parameter, JS variable, page element, etc by configuring "Form Attributes" when defining an event and pass the value to trigger a task in your activity map.  

MarkKorey_sas
SAS Employee

This is a great use case, one I may implement on sas.com soon.

In this case you're looking for absence of an activity.

There are 2 events you'll need to define this segment:

1. Site visitors that view form ABC
  2. Site visitors that submit form ABC

Then you want to target users that view form ABC and do NOT submit form ABC within X minutes or hours.

Give it a shot & let us know how it works out.

omlk
Fluorite | Level 6

@MarkKorey_sas- Thanks for your response. I believe 2 events option would give me what I am trying to achieve here. I will try this approach.

Thanks again.

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation