Plan, execute, measure and optimize customer experiences

A peek into how SAS is reinventing its marketing

Community Manager

A peek into how SAS is reinventing its marketing

[ Edited ]

I almost made the headline "how SAS reinvented its marketing" -- implying we did it and are done. But we all know it doesn't work that way. Marketing well is an iterative process. The finish line is a mirage. There's always a way to improve. AnalyticalMarketer.png

Adele_Sweetwood.jpgWith that, I give you...in one convenient post...the blog series SAS' Adele Sweetwood created on the heels of publishing her book, The Analytical Marketer: How to Transform Your Marketing Organization. In it, she chronicles how SAS sipped its own champagne (yes, we used our own software) as we reimagined how we interact with you.

The blog posts below encapsulate key concepts from the book and may spur ideas for your own organization. At the end of each post, you'll find practical next steps.

Using chat transcripts to understand customer sentiment

Each day, the SAS Customer Contact Center participates in hundreds of interactions with customers, prospective prospective customers, educators, students and the media. Chat transcripts are a gold mine of feedback to help us improve.

Customer advocates: Finding your customers’ BFFs

One of the most powerful sales tools is often something that you can’t foresee or control.

How analytics empowers campaign agility

A common practice in traditional marketing is to first choose a target market to focus on. How do you tell if it's working and quickly re-calibrate?

Three steps to modernizing your marketing organization

At SAS, we've worked hard to transform ourselves into an analytical marketing organization. These are the three steps we took.

Scoring leads to drive more effective sales

Leads are the lifeblood of any sales effort. But not all leads are created equal.

Moving from blasts to conversations

When in doubt, one of the easiest things marketers can do is send an email blast. But there's a better way.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation