BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

AN ALGORITHM FOR ARIMA DYNAMIC REGRESSION VARIABLE SELECTION

Started ‎04-10-2022 by
Modified ‎04-10-2022 by
Views 1,535

I was once a consultant for a direct-marketing application wherein I was tasked with building a time series model to predict optimal advertising spend based on a large number of customer contact channels and related variables. I wrote the %ARIMA_SELECT macro to cull out variables that did not contribute significantly to the advertising spend response variable and to present variables that were strongly related to the response variable.

I am sharing the %ARIMA_SELECT macro with the SAS community so that you may benefit from my work.

I presented this work at the WUSS 2013 conference.

Comments

Wooow.
The next time I use Forecast Studio (Forecast Server) or Visual Forecasting, I'm definitely going to try this alongside the aforementioned products.
I know SAS R&D worked super hard to select all those (relevant) dynamic regressors and the associated transfer functions correctly (as far as possible).
It seems a bit harsh to me that you can achieve similar results on your own (but I don't want to underestimate you 😉).

Nice work !

Koen

Version history
Last update:
‎04-10-2022 06:51 PM
Updated by:
Contributors

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Free course: Data Literacy Essentials

Data Literacy is for all, even absolute beginners. Jump on board with this free e-learning  and boost your career prospects.

Get Started

Article Tags