BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Laksh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
I'm working as quality analyst in an international BPO, now want to do SAS certification, but not sure which one to go for, which certification is in demand at this time. I'm a graduate, please help.
1 REPLY 1
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello,

We recently hosted a free webinar on Getting Started with SAS Certification.  I will be making the on-demand link and the link to the Q&A available through this community site early next week.   We got a number of questions similar to your question during the webinar.  In our official Q&A, here is the general response that we provided:

In the webinar we said that we often recommend that you if you were new to SAS it might be a good idea to start with the BASE Programmer certification, however, that is not a requirement. Our certification exams are not intended to be taken in any order, but are based on certain skills and how you utilize SAS and SAS products.  

The "Foundation Tools" exams are for SAS Programmers and do have an order - SAS Base Programmer for SAS 9 is a prerequisite to the SAS Advanced Programmer for SAS 9.   The "Advanced Analytic" exams are product specific for users of Enterprise Miner and SAS/STAT.   The "Business Intelligence and Analytics" exams are for BI Clients and SAS Visual Analytics.  The "Data Management" exams are for Data Integration and DataFlux Data Management Studio.  The "SAS Administration" is for IT administrators performing administration for SAS Business Analytics.

We recommend that you research jobs in your field of interest to find out whether you need SAS skills for your prospective job or whether you need a certification and if so, what certification is recommended.

We should have the on-demand link to the webinar available early next week.  I would recommend taking a look at it along with the Q&A from the webinar.  There is a lot of good information available there for you to review. 

Hope this helps. 

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation