BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LauraRK
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I am allowing my students to pay for and take the SAS Base certification performance based exam or fundamentals as a final project if they would like to earn certification.  I had a student have technological failures in the virtual lab machine during a performance based exam so they could not complete the exam, she chatted with Pearson and they just told her to submit a complaint and that it could take 3-5 days to hear back, she could not complete the exam and so of course this was very stressful for her.  I wondered if there is anyway to help my student get a faster response from Pearson, or if anyone else has seen this type problem and had work arounds or ways I can help my other students not have this happen to them.  Ideally I would like her to be able to retake the exam and not have to pay again as she did not get a chance to take the first one given the failure of the virtual lab environment during the exam.  It is close to the end of the semester so that makes troubles in that regard as well.  

Thank you.  I would appreciate any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello Laura, 

I am very sorry to hear that your student had some technical issues with their exam.  So that we can better help you to assist this student,  please send an email to certification@sas.com with the student's name and email in the message.  This way we can track their case from the SAS side of things, get them the resolution they need and work with them to ensure that they have a successful testing event when they test again. Technical issues do happen and typically Pearson is pretty good about contacting candidates within a reasonable timeframe to address reschedules or refunds for candidates depending on the circumstances involved.  

I work with the Global Certification Team at SAS and if you'll pass along the information to that email address I'll make sure that we take care of this student. 

Thank you, 

Becky Gray 

SAS Global Certification Team 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello Laura, 

I am very sorry to hear that your student had some technical issues with their exam.  So that we can better help you to assist this student,  please send an email to certification@sas.com with the student's name and email in the message.  This way we can track their case from the SAS side of things, get them the resolution they need and work with them to ensure that they have a successful testing event when they test again. Technical issues do happen and typically Pearson is pretty good about contacting candidates within a reasonable timeframe to address reschedules or refunds for candidates depending on the circumstances involved.  

I work with the Global Certification Team at SAS and if you'll pass along the information to that email address I'll make sure that we take care of this student. 

Thank you, 

Becky Gray 

SAS Global Certification Team 

LauraRK
Quartz | Level 8
thank you so much much Becky. I knew SAS would come through for us, I will have the student contact that email. I appreciate your quick response and great customer service!
beccagre
SAS Moderator
You are most welcome and we'll be on the lookout for the student's email to come into us.

Kindest regards,
Becky

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation