BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Simone_
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone, I know that usually this forum is used to have cultural changes about solutions on coding and so on but I need advices and different points of view on this. I would like take the certification on base and advance one and i'm studying hard, i'm doing excercises as well but I don't know why I think that I will not take them, I know that I will take them probably doing the same but simply for more time but I would like change this kind of mindset because I think that could be unuseful like too much anxiety exc. 

I know that the life as a developer is like a rollercoaster sometimes so I'm looking for advices in this community, probably from someone more skilled than me about it, I have a lot of wonderful colleagues but sometimes I don't want ask help in general. I know that i'm a problem solver but sometimes I even think that I don't understand/know English or I understand theory but not the excercises and vice-versa, is a chaos 😂. I don't know if the solution is just time but i'm looking for it like a crazy 😂. Thanks all.

Simon_

2 REPLIES 2
ger15xxhcker
Quartz | Level 8

There are several things you can do.

1) Set yourself achievable goals
If you are studying for a certification, have the end-goal in sight and set yourself goals along the way that lead you to that. Break it down into smaller, more achievable goals. For example, one day aim to complete chapter 1, the next aim to complete the exercises for that chapter.
This will make it easier to focus on smaller pieces at a time and make the larger goal achievable.
2) Take regular breaks
Studying for long periods of time can be daunting and overwhelming. Set yourself regular breaks to allow your brain to recharge and come back to the task with a fresh mind.
3) Talk to someone
Some people find solace and help in talking to someone else about the task at hand, such as a mentor or colleague. Ultimately, they may be able to provide advice and support through the process, and also provide helpful resources.
4) Don't be afraid to ask
You said you don't want to ask for help in general, but don't be afraid to ask if you come across something you don't understand. Chances are the person you ask can provide clarity just with a few simple words.
5) Don't be too hard on yourself
At the end of the day, everyone has their own journey and path to success. Don't set expectations that are too hard to achieve, and simply work at your own pace. You have all the time you need to work towards your certification, and be proud of every new thing you learn along the way.
Good luck!

Simone_
Calcite | Level 5

Many, many thanks, i'll surely remember all your advices. Thanks

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation