Set yourself apart with a SAS Certification credential

Course material SAS Advanced Exam

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Course material SAS Advanced Exam

Dear Sas folks,

I am preparing for SAS advanced exam. In my preparation i viewed some online questions. Some of these questions i could not relate to the Sas advanced prep guide.

The questions related to topics as:

- ranuni (seed)

- proc sort nodup

- groupformat

- sortedby

My question is: Can i expect questions like this on the exam? Or are these outdated questions?

Or to put my question differently: Are all exam questions solely based on the most recent version of the prep guide?

Thanking you in advance,

Kind regards,

Unito

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-18-2017 01:54 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Course material SAS Advanced Exam

All Replies
Solution
‎06-18-2017 01:54 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
This is the Exam Content Guide for the Advanced Programmer exam:
https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/en_us/doc/other1/certification/exam-content/advanced-programmer....

cynthia
Super User

In my opinion, and I don't have my Advanced Certification, some of those are covered or would be part of Base Certification, specifically the SORT options.

- ranuni (seed) -> Probably advanced, but in general is a function and an advanced programmer should know the family of functions even if it's not covered. 

- proc sort nodup -> Base

- groupformat -> I don't know what you mean by this

- sortedby -> Base

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Reezaand @Cynthia_sas ! After i take the exam i will post my own experiences here.

b.t.w. groupformat is an option you can use in reports to group by the formatted values.

Update 20-7-2017: Passed my exam with a good score. The examples i mentioned did not appear at the exam. I suspect they were present in the previous version of the prep guide and are no longer exam material. Btw. The exam was hard and all questions were new to me.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation