BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ABL1
Calcite | Level 5
Please why is copy and paste disabled in the SAS Studio exam environment? I did my SAS Base 9.4 programming exam yesterday and to my greatest surprise I could not copy and paste using either right click or CTRL C and V. I experienced the same thing when I did my SAS Predictive Analytics Exam using Enterprise Miner. However that wasn't much of a problem because there were other options. It's critical with the performance based SAS programming exam though, because I had to keep typing new code for each question instead of copying and editing my code. That was really time consuming. I have experienced this in two different exam centres.
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I didn't know that. 

@ChrisHemedinger Do you know who looks after exams? At least this restriction should be made clearer before the exam?

Mark2010
SAS Employee

Hi @ABL1 CTRL+C/V is disabled for all deliveries of the exam (PVTC or OnVUE) for security reasons. In Pearson Test Centers (not remote proctoring/OnVUE), right clicking is disabled globally for all exam deliveries for all test sponsor as part of their security infrastructure. We have asked Pearson to remove this restriction for lab exams and they are investigating the possibility of doing so.

The time allowed for the exam was established based on candidates writing all of the code from scratch.

If you wanted, you could save a finished program as a new program (say, save your completed program01.sas as program02.sas, then edit program02.sas).

ABL1
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the feedback Mark. I did exactly as you suggested. However, that still cost me some time and did not offer the flexibility of copy and paste whenever required. I think the important thing here is that candidates should know that the feature is restricted before hand to be better prepared. It wasn't a nice experience at all finding out during the exam.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation