Set yourself apart with a SAS Certification credential

Certification:Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 – Accelerated Version

Occasional Contributor

Certification:Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 – Accelerated Version

Hi,

i was preparing certification for Clinical Trail Programming Accelerated Version, can anybody tell me where do i  get material and any good website to practice questions.

Yasmin Syeda
Super User

Re: Certification:Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 – Accelerated Version

[ Edited ]

The certification site lists the courses that are useful.

https://support.sas.com/certify/creds/ct.html#s1=3

If you don't want to take the courses you can buy the course notes for $100/course, see the SAS bookstore. 

The advanced certification guide would have everything you need here, minus the report writing essentials course. For that I'd get papers from Lexjansen.com once I looked up the topics covered in the course. 

Above all, practice is what's going to get you there. Reviewing papers from Lexjansen.com from companies that hire clinical programmers isn't a bad idea either. 

Good Luck!

EDIT: the first programming and stats course are free from SAS, http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/

If you're in the Advanced stream you probably have the programming 1/2 courses topics covered.

Contributor

Hi, can you please tell me what accelerated version means?

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Super User

Accelerated assumes you have the Base SAS certification and the exam has less questions with a corresponding shorter time limit. 

I've tried to highlight the differences below.

Normal:

Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE. 

• 95-100 multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass) 
  • 3 hours to complete exam 
  • Use exam ID A00-280; required when registering with Pearson VUE.

Accelerated:

Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE. 

• 70-75 multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass) 
  • 2 hours to complete exam 
  • Use exam ID A00-281; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
  • Candidate must hold the SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 credential to take this exam. Otherwise, candidate should take the A00-280 exam.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation